The Government of India will be investing Rs. 22.5 crore (US$ 3.7 million) for the establishment of a new department responsible for promoting the Government’s initiatives through various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. "Taking off from the success of its MyIndia campaign, a program designed to recruit digital volunteers to promote government initiatives, the government says it will draw out valuable learnings from the said project as they go about in creating the new department." The  “New Media Wing” will be based in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.  

More in this article from FutureGov. "Serving the largest and longest established network of senior public sector officials in Asia and the Middle East, FutureGov works closely with our readers to identify the opportunities for improving the governance, efficiency and citizen engagement of public sector organisations."

Jayne here: unfortunately, I can't find the "My India" campaign. I can find references to a health-related campaign back in 2009 that used "My India", but I'm not sure this was the same thing.