TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Attend our Free Cloud Webinar on 10/14

Attend our Free Cloud Webinar on 10/14

• Join us for a free webinar on Cloud Computing on Thursday, October 14 at 11 AM Pacific.

The term cloud computing is being used more and more, but what is it and why should you understand it? In this free webinar we will explain what cloud computing means, define the different types, discuss how it is impacting nonprofits and libraries, and outline some criteria for use. The challenges of using the “cloud” will be discussed, as well as whether cloud computing will simplify your life and reduce software and IT staffing costs.

Hear from Peter Campbell, Nonprofit Technologist at Earthjustice and me, who will help you understand this topic in order to better communicate with your consultants, staff and board. This webinar is applicable for any size organization and ideal for decision makers who need to communicate about cloud computing with tech consultants, and who are interested in making more informed technology decisions.

If you are wondering if this is right for you, here is a blog post that will help you get a sense of what we will be discussing, Why Should Nonprofits Care About Cloud Computing? and a short introductory video Cloud Computing in Plain English, by Common Craft.

You can discuss this webinar on Twitter with the hashtag #techsoup or join us for a live-stream of the event in Second Life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Anna Jaeger
    Co-Director of TechSoup's GreenTech Initiative
    http://www.techsoup.org/greentech
  • Thanks, Anna. We've had some recent discussions on cloud computing in the forums that folks might also find helpful.

Best,

Megan

Megan Keane

Follow me on Twitter: @penguinasana or connect with me on my website.

• You can still view the archived free webinar to learn more about cloud computing. In addition, we've just published a new article called Cloud Basics for Nonprofits and Libraries, which you can see here.

Have you been using cloud services (also called software as a service) at your organization? For what tasks? Are you planning to host more of your applications or data online in the future?

Share your experiences with the cloud in this thread and we'll continue to post more resources for cloud options throughout the year!

Thanks,

Becky

Becky Wiegand is the Interactive Events Producer at TechSoup.org
    @bajeckabean on Twitter