TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Cisco ASA 5505 and 5510

• The Cisco ASA 5505 or 5510 from Techsoup Stock can provide your first line of defense against unwanted traffic coming in and going out of your network.

Learn more about the ASA line and how it differs from Cisco's PIX line (soon to be retired) in TechSoup's article An Introduction to the Cisco ASA 5505 and 5510, written by Hardware forum host Roger E. Rustad.

Have questions about the ASA 5505 or 5510? Ask them here.
    senior editor, TechSoup
  • This is a well researched article about a product that Cisco has determined it will not donate to many 501c3 organizations including arts, cultural, environmental, museums etc. While this is clearly their right, it is different from most of the other Techsoup Stock Partners, and could be noted in the beginning of the treatise.

Wally Bloss
    Executive Director
    Cache Valley Center for the Arts
    (Yup, we CAN'T get Cisco)
  • That's why there are other alternatives like m0n0wall or Untangle

http://m0n0.ch/wall/

http://www.untangle.com/

No annual support fees to pay with the free version.

Dave
    another non qualified 501c3 for cisco products
  • The only thing I like about the ASA is the SSL VPN. Too bad the licenses cost is too high.
    Good things there are two free licenses installed.
  • Dave,

How is it that you became a non-qualified 501c3?

I was hoping to be able to order some equipment for us. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Connie

• Hello Connie, what Dave meant, is that his org doesn't qualify for the Cisco donation.  Cisco has restrictions of who they want to donate their products to.  These restrictions can sometimes change.  My org used to qualify but no longer does as I believe is the case for Dave as well.  Hope this clears things up.

Best of luck,

Gary

Gary Network/Systems Admin Berlin, NH
    Host Non-profit Tech Careers, Security Forums
    Co-Host Networks, Hardware, & Telecommunications Forum

• I see that we are not eligible either....;-(

Thanks so much for the information Gary...;-)

Connie