TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

free computers for low income families with children & the disabled

free computers for low income families with children & the disabled

• does anyone have a source for families in need in ohio?
  • Hi joanie5, these resources may help:

Ohio's<:LINEBREAK:>Family Support Collaborative for the disabled

Helping Ohioans

links to Ohio websites by county

Don't forget to take a look at the resources here:<:LINEBREAK:>RE: donated computers

<:LINEBREAK:>Sean¸

• What about FL?  I'm a 55 y.o. disabled grandmother raising a mentally handicapped 13 y.o. little girl I've had since she was 3.  She learns so much using electronic games and does well on the computer at school (what little access she has to it).  Does anyone have info on how I can get her a laptop to help her reach her full potential?

• InterConnection receives high end computer equipment that we professionally refurbish and sell at our retail store. All proceeds from the sales help to support our computer skills training and donation program.

www.interconnection.org/get_retail.html

• doxie56,

The options might not be free, but you there is a directory to find refurbishers that are participating in the Registered Refurbisher Program: www.msregrefurb.com/.../OnlineDirectory.aspx

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services

• Gentlemen,

I am a volunteer Chief Coordinator for the Catarman Public Library Project, but have not yet registered myself or organization with the irs or IMLS as we are short on capital and still trying to raise the sum from our own resources. Meanwhile, we can use Refurbished Computers for this Project and be able to share it with a Third world country's Public Library project. As a grandfather, I have a number of grandchildren (3) whom I'dlike ot help, but mostly, this will be used for the purpose of the Public Library program.

I am not gainfully employed at t his time, a Senior Citizen (71) and only rely on my SSI income.  Do you think I can avail myself of a Free Comuter/s? How do I qualify.

JAIME E. ARCEBUCHE

Chief Dev. Off.,Catarman Public Library Project

909 Grinde Dr., Apt. D1

Fountain, CO 80817

Email: arcebuche@ yahoo.com

T e l  : (719) 3445025

• Jaime, 

The software and hardware available through TechSoup are to be distributed only to 501(c)(3) organizations and Public Libraries for their own use and cannot be transferred, sold or given away to other organizations or individuals. If the Catarman Public Library Project is a 501(c)(3) organization, they could certainly register and request products through TechSoup however it is important to read the rules and restrictions on product use: http://www.techsoup.org/stock/restrictions.asp#rci. It is also important to remember that there are processing, or Admin Fees, for all products available.

If you are interested in looking for computers for your own, personal use, I recommend checking the Directory to find refurbishers that are participating in the Registered Refurbisher Program: https://www.msregrefurb.com/RRPSite/OnlineDirectory.aspx

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services