TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Customer Service, i.e., customerservice@techsoup.org

Customer Service, i.e., customerservice@techsoup.org

• Does customerservice@techsoup.org ever answer questions, or respond to emails?  I have the feeling they pick and chose to  what they wish to respond.  To date,  I have found them non-existant.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  Our non-profit answers all our emails (promptly), except those that solicit in some type of manner and shape.  We have been in existence for thirteen years.

Elizabeth

• Elizabeth,

I apologize for the delay in getting a response to your emails. The fact of the matter is that sometimes we just get really busy. And, like many other nonprofits, our resources can be a bit stretched and we do the best that we can. We receive hundreds of emails (and calls and faxes!) daily and we are all working very hard to make sure all questions are answered.

I have located your emails and will respond before the end of today.

Autumn

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services

• I have a question from over three weeks ago that has not been answered.  We ordered peachtree and never received the download instructions.  it should be a simple response.

• Hi Indigo,

As mentioned in my previous post, we get really busy sometimes and yes, that can mean not being able to respond to emails for 2-3 weeks. If you have tried to call us recently you would have noticed that call hold times can be above 30 minutes and when we are getting a lot of calls those calls can make it difficult to respond to emails as quickly as we would like. We did respond to your email on 1/16/2010, but I will be happy to resend the information.

Autumn

• We did not receive an email on 1/16.  Will you please resend.

• Hmm. I did re-send it yesterday immediately after responding to your forum post. I sent it to the email address located on your user profile. Please check your inbox and junk mail folders and let me know if it did not come through. There are a few email addresses associated with your user and organization accounts so I was not sure which one was valid or the best to contact you.

Autumn

• We are having the same problem.  I have sent three emails --no response.  I also called them but never received any response after a 45 minute hold.

We have purchased many products from TechSoup but apparently I think you are right.  They must choose who they respond to.  This does not sit well with customers.

Very disappointed customer,

Bob Andres

National Safe Skies Alliance

• Bob,

First I'd like to say that I am very sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting in touch with us and as for the specific questions that you have, please reply to this post and I will be glad to help you with whatever I can.

The unfortunate reality (for the moment) is that the number of phone calls and emails has increased quite dramatically during the last few months and we are trying our best to respond to everyone as soon as we can. We are a relatively small group so it can be very challenging to get to all of the inquiries quickly. Some days we are receiving 300 - 400 phone calls a day and there are only a hand full of people to answer the phones at any point since we need to split up our resources to respond to the hundreds of faxes and emails that also come in daily. Of course we'd love to bring in more people (we do have a number of new people who are in training at the moment) but it does take a number of weeks for trainees to get up to speed and as a nonprofit ourselves, we don't have the resources to double our customer service staff quickly. We really are doing what we can.

Autumn

•  

Thank you for responding to my post.   I am sorry for the problems that you are having but unfortunately I am also “under the gun” to get some answers.   Here are my questions:

Backup Exec 2010 is available on your site and I noticed that you do not list agents separately. However, I looked at the product on your site and it said this:

The version of Backup Exec available through TechSoup is the Not for Resale (NFR) version, which includes all of the available agents and options.

If I am reading this correctly, all the agents such as SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, Remote agents, are included in this version. Correct? So, if we purchase this product, will Symantec send us all the keys for all the agents?

Also, are there any support options for Backup Exec 2010 included other than access to the online knowledge base? We have Gold Support now but it is due for renewal in the next couple months.

One last question, I logged in but could not find if we were eligible for another purchase.   Where can I find that information online?

Thanks,

Bob Andres
    Network Systems Manager
    National Safe Skies Alliance
    110 McGhee Tyson Blvd. Suite 201
    Alcoa, TN. 37701
    865-738-2038
  • Hi Elizabeth, I do not work for Tech Soup, so I can't help you with any of your troubles, but I can let you know that I have been helping them troubleshoot some email troubles that they were having.  Some emails were not getting through to them, and some responses weren't getting back to recipients.  Someone from Tech Soup customer service will see your post and get back to you promptly.  

Best of luck,

Gary 

Gary Network/Systems Admin Berlin, NH
    Host Non-profit Tech Careers, Security Forums
    Co-Host Networks, Hardware, & Telecommunications Forum

• Hi Bob!

BackUp Exec does indeed come with all of the agents. Separate licenses are not provided but during the download process there are 3 or 4 files to download and in those files the full list of agents is provided for you to use. The version of Backup Exec available through TechSoup is the Not for Resale (NFR) version, which at this time does not include technical support options.

To figure out what your current eligibility is (in general) you'd need to compare the donation program restrictions to your history of donation requests. We just recently updated our Frequently Asked Questions which provides instructions on finding the history online.

I did have a look at your account and can verify that nothing has been requested this fiscal year so you are currently eligible to request Symantec products.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Autumn