TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

problems downloading publisher

problems downloading publisher

• I need to use Publisher for creating a newsletter, and the organization I am interning for has a license for the software. I have downloaded publisher from the Microsoft eOpen website, and when I downloaded, chose the 32-bit connection. However, when I try to run and install the downloaded program, I now receive error message 1713 saying that "setup cannot install one of the required productsf or microsoft office publisher." I assume this is because the installation program seems to be formatted for a 64-bit connection, though I am positive I chose the 32-bit. Is there any way to fix this?

On a related note, the computer I am working on is running a trial version of Publisher and it is possible to put in your product key (which we have) as proof of purchase and to update to the full version of Publisher. I am using the product keys from the eOpen Microsoft website that came along with our license, but the Publisher trial is telling me that they are incorrect, even when I know that we have purchased the software. Suggestions?

• Kelsey,

I may know what the issue is. If you had downloaded Publisher from the main Microsoft website and are using the general trial version, the license provided through the TechSoup donation program will not work. In order to use the Volume License Key, you must make sure that you have a Volume Licensing version of your product. This can be downloaded from the eOpen website. Please let us know if you continue to experience problems with your product activation.

Autumn

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services

• You will also most likely have to uninstall the previous trial version of publisher for the volume license version of publisher to install.

Dave

• Dave,

That is indeed correct. Thank you for the reminder!

Autumn

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services