Your work is vital. We are raising funds to support it.
Very sorry everyone, first time I got a Microsoft donation and totally messed it up.Now when I go to the Volume licensing site, there are no keys.
How can I get a "do-over"?Deleting my account apparently takes 6 months.
I would be fine paying for another donation out of my own pocket.But I'm afraid I won't be able to claim it either, since I messed up our Microsoft account.
Here is what happened:
- On March 29 I requested the donation from Techsoup
- On April 1 I got the "TechSoup Microsoft Fulfillment" email It tells me I need to register with Volume licensing. So I click on the link in the email.
- I get the choice between "Microsoft account" and "Work account". The email recommended "Microsoft account", so I pick that. I create an account with password. I was sure to use exactly the same email address as we used for the donation.
- I don't remember exactly what happened, but I didn't get the email I was supposed to get. Instead I got some kind of error that our Volume licensing is registered with a work account.
- Over the next few days I tried to register with VLSC again, but I never got past this error.
- Finally I decided to try the work account option on the sign-in screen of VLSC. I used the same email and password as I used for the "Microsoft" account.
- Now finally (on Apr 6) I got the "Welcome to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center" email
- Of course I click on the link right away. (I had forgotten that the original instructions were to wait 15 minutes)
- Hoping that the nightmare was over I rushed through the screens and got to the Volume licensing. Except that it is empty. And I am not sure whether I ever got to the "Accepting the terms and conditions" screen.
Here is where I am now:
- When I try to sign-in to the Volume Licensing Portal:
- I click sign-in
- When I select "Microsoft account" I get to a page that says I need to use a work account
- Then when I login with the work account (which is the same email address) then I get in
- But I cannot click on anything. There are no product keys. The only thing I can click on is "Add an Open License to your profile"
I would totally appreciate any help!!!
Our current license has expired and we are half way through the 30 day grace period.
I need to find a way to get our staff a license again.
I would even pay for another one, if I knew that I would be able to claim it for real.
I am so sorry you are having trouble accessing your Microsoft donation. Have you tried reaching out to our Customer Service Team? They have access to your account information and would be able to help walk you through the process. You can submit your request via our online form or via phone at 1-800-659-3579 between Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. PST.
Again, apologies for the difficult time you've been having. Good luck!
~SusanTechSoup Social Media Manager
Yes, we called Microsoft and they fixed it.
Close this window