TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

microsoft office professional service pack 2

microsoft office professional service pack 2

• I successfully installed Microsoft Office Pro 2003. When I try to install service pac2, I receive error messages:
    Y1561403.CAM Could not be found
    SKU1A1.CAB could not be found
    Proofing tools not found
    I placed the program disk back in but could not locate these files.
    I reinstalled the software to no avail. I also tried detect and repair, that did not work either. What should I do now?
  • Just go online and download the service pack directly from Microsoft's website.

Click the link
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.asp
    and then click on 'check for updates' and download what it finds...which should be service pack 2.
  • I got this problem before, but it was success to locate the file name "Y1561403.CAM". So I decided to download SP2 with option says something like this: choose the download link which you do not have original CD.
    This kind of downloading has more capacity than anything else, and it worked
  • Hello sheilalyrisgray,

I have seen this when the LIS (Local Installation Source is not available). This could happen if you were installing from a network source via a removed mapped network drive, or if you were just at home and removed your local installation files. Initially when an office product is installed there is a prompt to [remove the installation files]. Even if these 2 scenerios don't apply you share the commom issue, (LIS files not available). Also:

This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:

• You logged on by using a user account that has never run an Office 2003 program.
    • Source files in the :\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9 folder are missing
    • The :\MSOCache folder has been deleted.
    Note is the local drive where the MSOCache folder is located. The MSOCache folder is the folder where the Local Install Source (LIS) is copied when Office 2003 is installed. (By default, the folder is hidden.) To view the MSOCache folder, you must configure the operating system so that you can see the hidden files and folders. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    2. Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
    3. Click the View tab.
    4. Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
    5. Clear the Hide file extensions for known file typescheck box.

Note: Here are other CAB files for each office application that needs to be available when we update.

Access 2003 SKU015.CAB
    Office Basic 2003 SKU113.CAB
    FrontPage 2003 (Retail) SKU017.CAB
    FrontPage 2003 (Trial) SKU117.CAB
    OneNote 2003 (Retail) SKU0A1.CAB
    OneNote 2003 (Trial) SKU1A1.CAB
    Outlook 2003 SKU01A.CAB
    Outlook 2003 Standard SKU0E0.CAB
    OWC10 SKU026.CAB
    OWC11 SKU0A4.CAB
    PowerPoint 2003 SKU018.CAB
    Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003 SKU011.CAB
    Office Professional 2003 (Retail) SKU111.CAB
    Office Professional 2003 w/ InfoPath (Retail) SKU1E3.CAB
    Publisher 2003 (Retail) SKU019.CAB
    Publisher 2003 (Trial) SKU119.CAB
    Office Standard Enterprise Edition 2003 SKU012.CAB
    Office Standard 2003 (Retail) SKU112.CAB
    Office Small Business Enterprise Edition 2003 SKU0CA.CAB
    Office Small Business Edition 2003 (Retail) SKU1CA.CAB
    Word 2003 SKU01B.CAB
    InfoPath 2003 (Retail) SKU044.CAB
    InfoPath 2003 (Trial) SKU144.CAB
    Excel 2003 SKU016.CAB

NUF Said right. :)

So lets look at a solution that has been very successful for this pain in the neck common error. ok. :)

Repair the Office 2003 Installation!
    Although you can use these procedures to update an Office 2003 program temporarily, this problem may occur the next time that you try to update an Office 2003 program from the Office Update Web site. To permanently resolve this problem, use the Local Installation Source Tool to repair the Local Installation Source.

You can download this tool at the following Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit Web site:

Office 2003 Tool: Local Installation Source Tool

NOTE If either of these methods do not work, the files in the \MSOCache\All Users\download code folder may not match the files on the CD that you provided. Check to make sure that the CD that you inserted matches the product that is being requested. For example, the product that is already installed on the computer may be Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. However, the CD may contain files for Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003. If this is the case, remove the Microsoft Office product, and then install the product again from the available CD.

Take care ok,
    Robert Dukes - Microsoft Software Advisor, Microsoft & Cisco Partner. http://www.helpunetwork.com