TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Inexpensive Non-Profit Donor Software

Inexpensive Non-Profit Donor Software

• As a database administrator with over 10 years experience, the one program I have carried to other places of employement is the FundRaiser Basic program. It is the most userfriendly program I have seen, and can be upgraded to a higher level at any time with the purchase price going towards the next level. For $89 you really can't beat what all it does, and the customer service people are extremely friendly and willing to help in any way (they even downloaded by entire 4000+ database to find a problem in a single entry!). I highly recommend for any user!
  • Hi Smiley, Take a look at www.z2systems.com.

Yeah, it's web-based and may be too expensive for most non-profits. But thanks.

• This thread is old and becoming quite the magnet for self-promotion, so I'm closing this discussion. --Megan

Megan Keane

Follow me on Twitter: @penguinasana or connect with me on my website.

• My organization uses Giftworks, which has worked out great. My suggestion would be to stay away from over-complicated programs like eTapestry, which has a manual you could spend a lifetime with, is costly (don't believe their claim that it's free to smaller orgs) and time-consuming to use.

• Dear 4arts,

Welcome to Techsoup.

What organization are you with?  And where did you use eTapestry? 

I believe that eTapestry is free if you have 1 user account, fewer than 500 records, and don't add on any extras.  But it would definitely be wrong to say that it's "free for small orgs" since many small orgs have more than 500 donor records and/or more that 1 user.

Robert

Robert L. Weiner Consulting
    Strategic Technology Advisors to Nonprofit and Educational Organizations
    San Francisco, CA
    robert [AT] rlweiner [DOT] com
    www.rlweiner.com

• I like Track-A-Donor as a donation tracker, because printing contribution receipts is so easy.  If you want to see their examples, go to [link removed by moderator].  Hope that helps!

• Sounds great, "Lianadclark." What organization are you with? It would help to know the kind of work your nonprofit does, so people could get an idea of the kinds of donors you track.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Jayne Cravens
    TechSoup Community Forum Manager

• Oops, I just saw Megan Keane's post about this thread being closed.  Sorry.

In answer to your question, the church I attended when I lived in VT last year (New Hope Bible) uses Track-A-Donor for its donation management.  It's a small church with two branches meeting in separate locations.  So the online collaboration element works well for them.

• Thanks for replying -- it helps TechSoup Community members to know if a person is posting as a user or as a vendor - a lot of people post here trying to sound like they are users, when actually they are selling a product. So appreciate the clarification.

Would be great if you would fill out your TechSoup Online community profile, so it's always clear who you are when you post!

forums.techsoup.org/.../33966.aspx

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Jayne Cravens
    TechSoup Community Forum Manager

• Ah, I see your point.  I didn't understand your question, and I did not intend to be misleading.  Although very closely related to the users, I am most definitely a vendor. Finding this question on a Google search, I thought I could offer a helpful suggestion.  After a closer look at your community rules, I see that promotional statements are never allowed, even to a question as inviting as this one.  Please delete my post, since I don't seem to be able to delete it myself.  As I was only interested in providing a suggestion to this one question, you may also delete my account as well.  Please forgive the misunderstanding.