TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Know of any NPOs that have worked with AmeriCorps' CTC VISTA program?

Know of any NPOs that have worked with AmeriCorps' CTC VISTA program?

• AmeriCorps' CTC VISTA Project connects nonprofits with techies to help them better use information and communications technologies to meet the needs of at-risk and low-income communities.

senior editor, TechSoup
  • I believe that Austin FreeNet involved AmeriCorps/VISTAs.

You can also post to the AmeriCorps email discussion group to find organizations that have engaged AmeriCorps VISTA's through this program.

(and I guess this post was prompted by the article on the TechSoup site regarding The CTC VISTA project).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Jayne Cravens
    TechSoup Community Forum Manager

• Well-written article. Thanks.

Jack Waugh, CTC VISTA Member
  • Yes -- just look down the Organization column in http://ctcvista.org/directory .
  • My organizations uses a couple VISTAs. In fact, they're here in the office right now, in the back room. What we mainly use them for is doing surveys of businesses (in our outlying areas) as to how accessible they are to people with disabilities.

Morris Cox | Network Technologist | Red Rock Center for Independence | St. George, Utah

• Just to be clear -- the original request is regarding AmeriCorps members that are part of the CTC VISTA Project, which connects nonprofits with AmeriCorps member that help them specificially regarding the use of information and communications technologies.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Jayne Cravens
    TechSoup Community Forum Manager

• TechSoup blog today has a reminder that organizations can apply for a CTC Vista volunteer for summer 2008. The deadline is 2/22 to apply.

Is your organization planning on using a CTC vista volunteer or have you done so in the past?

--Megan

Megan Keane

Follow me on Twitter: @penguinasana or connect with me on my website.

• Yes, and the CTC Vista Project itself, as referred to above in the "just to be clear" clarification message, has a web site, and the list of organizations at which members of the CTC Vista Project are serving is within that web site at, specifically, http://ctcvista.org/directory .
  • Yes, thanks Jack. I bring it up to see if anyone had any specific experiences with the program they might want to share.

--Megan

Megan Keane

Follow me on Twitter: @penguinasana or connect with me on my website.