Join

How to Ask for New Technology for Your Nonprofit

How to Ask for New Technology for Your Nonprofit

• Comments 3
  • Great post. The one thing that I would point out is that there are free software options (cloud based) that are becoming more and more popular. For example, Google Drive / Google Apps now gives you everything that you used to have to pay an arm and a leg to get from Microsoft Office. There are also free HR software resources like Zenefits.

• This is a great article, but the information on the post about Google Drive and Google Apps being a substitute for Microsoft Office is incorrect. Google is ending their application for documents very soon and would not be a good substitute for Microsoft Office at all.

• Brethren-Fellowship - I hadn't heard anything on Google's G Suite or Google Docs being discontinued. Any chance you can point us to a link or something on this?

Google did discontinue Google Cloud Connect a few years ago. It was a plug-in for Microsoft Office that could automatically store and synchronize any Word document, PowerPoint presentation, or Excel spreadsheet to Google Docs. I haven't seen any discontinuation info beyond that though.

TechSoup Default Logo