Your work is vital. We are raising funds to support it.
TechSoup and Adobe have teamed up to bring you a Facebook contest where you can win $1,000 by submitting any and all content your organization has created using Adobe.
How fun is that?
There will be three monthly contests starting August 15, September 15, and October 15 with these prizes:
Looking forward to celebrating your creativity!
August 10, 2015
This Contest is sponsored by TechSoup Global ("Sponsor"), 435 Brannan St., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.
1. Contest Schedule. The Contest submission opens on August 15, 2015 at 9:00:01 am Pacific time (PT) and ends on November 14, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm PT. The Contest will be divided into three phases.
Phase I opens for submission on August 15, 2015 at 9:00:01 am PT and ends on September 14, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm PT.
Phase II opens for submission on September 15, 2015 at 9:00:01 am PT and ends on October 14, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm PT.
Phase III opens for submission on October 15, 2015 at 9:00:01 am PT and ends November 14, 2015 at 11:59:59 pm PT.
All submissions must be received by the Contest end date and time.
2. Submission Procedure. Visit the Contest Page on Facebook to enter your submission. Submissions can also be entered via the hashtag #CelebrateAdobeCC on Twitter or Instagram (see below).
(a) Submission Form. Complete the Contest submission form with all required information. NOTE: The contact person must be an authorized representative of your organization who has the right, power and authority to legally bind the organization to these Official Rules for purposes of this Contest.
(b) Collateral Submission. Enter your organization's information into the required fields on the Contest landing page. Submissions may include any creative material created through use of an Adobe product received through TechSoup including, photos, videos, designs, brochures, and mash-ups.
(c) Consent to Official Rules. By completing a Contest submission form and submitting your organization's information, you are indicating that you (on behalf of the organization you represent) have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
3. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to all nonprofit organizations in the United States of America (“US”) who have received any of TechSoup's Adobe Creative Cloud discounted products or TechSoup Adobe donation products prior to the end of the contest.
(a) Non-Discrimination. Organizations that advocate, support or practice (or, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, are believed to advocate, support or practice) discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status are NOT eligible.
(b) Void States. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and void where prohibited.
4. Submission Restrictions.
(a) In General. There is a limit of the ten (10) of submissions that can be made by an organization in each Phase. Winning submissions cannot be re-submitted to another phase. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any submission that is deemed, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, objectionable or unfit for publication or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, other information provided on the the Contest Page on Facebook, or the general spirit of the Contest. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries will be disqualified. If an organization is entering its submission via Facebook, a submission form must be completed. See below for details on submissions entered via Instagram or Twitter. All submissions for the Contest must be received by the Contest end date and time.
(b) Third Party Rights. Organizations may not reference or identify any person, entity or property in the submission unless the organization or the contact person has obtained the permission in writing. Sponsor may require proof of written permission as a prerequisite to award the prize, in which case, the inability to produce the proof of written permission within one month of the Sponsor's request may result in disqualification.
(c) Grant of Rights to Sponsor. In entering a submission, the organization grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license and right to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, distribute, and/or otherwise exploit the story in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor may, but is under no obligation to, post the winning stories on the Contest Page on Facebook (or to otherwise use the stories and/or creative works). The organization must also agree to sign and return, upon request of Sponsor, any assignments, releases or other documents that Sponsor may require so as to perfect, effect or record such grant of rights in submission. As set forth above, the contact person (on behalf of him/herself and/or the submitting organization) understands that the individual or organization will not receive any compensation (other than the prize, if submission is determined to be a prize winner) and releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor from any liability in conjunction therewith.
5.Voting Period. Public voting begins during the voting period at the opening of each phase and ends at the close of each phase, where eligible individuals (defined as 13 years of age or older holding a valid Facebook account) who visit the Contest Page on Facebook can vote by clicking where indicated to vote for their favorite submission. There is a limit of one vote per person/Facebook account per day. For purposes of voting, a "day" is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour period, beginning at 12:00 pm Eastern time (ET) of a calendar day and ending at 11:59 am ET of the next calendar day.
Please Note: Any attempt to use multiple Facebook accounts or other tactics to vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such entrants disqualified.
6. Winning Determination: To determine the winning entrant, forty-nine percent (49%) of the top submissions will be determined by community voting via the Contest Page on Facebook and the remaining fifty-one percent (51%) will be determined by a judging panel comprised of marketing and communication professionals selected by TechSoup Global's Community Engagement Team. Winner may only win a prize in one phase. Winners will be determined after the close of Phase I, Phase II and Phase IIII. The finalist with the highest number of valid votes combined with judges' scores will be deemed the Gold Prize winner, subject to verification. The finalist with the second highest number of valid votes combined with judges' scores (above) will be deemed the Silver Prize winner, subject to verification. The finalist with the third highest number of valid votes combined with judges' scores (above) will be deemed the Bronze Prize winner, subject to verification.
TechSoup’s review of eligible submissions and determination will be based on the combined demonstrated impact using the following criteria:
(a) Use of Adobe Creative Cloud or any other Adobe product received through TechSoup
Judging by Sponsor will occur over a one-week period following each close of the Phase I, Phase II and Phase III. The contact persons of organizations that are determined as winners will be notified by email and/or phone thereafter or by the close of the following week at the latest.
By the end of the judging period for Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III, a set of prizes will be awarded:
The organization's contact person may accept the prize on behalf of the organization and will have no right to the prize as an individual representing him or herself. No prize transfer will be permitted. There will be no prize substitution except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize of comparable value. Any taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winning organizations.
8. Conditions of Participation.
(a) Agreement to Rules/Releases. The contact person (on behalf of his/her organization) agrees to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, the guidelines on the Contest Page on Facebook, and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects; (ii) release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, judges, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives and employees of any of the above entities, from any and all liability associated with participation in the Contest and receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize; (iii) if organization wins a prize, by accepting prize on behalf of the organization, to grant Sponsor and their designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time, the name of the winning organization and its contact person and other identifying information concerning the organization for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and without review, approval or further notice. As part of the prize notification, the winning organization will be asked to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where legal). Refusal to sign these documents or failure to sign them within 15 days of notification may result in the forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner at the discretion of Sponsor.
(b) Limitations of Liability. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or illegible essays, works or entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site; (iii) injury or damage to participating organization's or any other person's computer (or information/data stored thereon) related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading/uploading materials from/to any website. If, for any reason, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winning organizations in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Contest Page on Facebook.
(c) Grounds for/Effect of Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any organization it finds, in its sole discretion, not to be in full compliance with these Official Rules, to be ineligible to participate in the Contest, to be tampering with the submission process, the operation of the Contest or any website. Disqualification will result in the submission entered by the disqualified party being rejected without further review or notice, and Sponsor reserves the right to take any other actions against such disqualified party and/or other persons/entities as Sponsor deems necessary and appropriate in its sole discretion to protect its rights.
9. Dispute Resolution/Governing Law/Waiver of Jury Trial. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, contact person (on behalf of his/her organization) agrees that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the courts of San Francisco County, State of California and contact person (on behalf of his/her organization) hereby consents and submits to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury and a trial by jury is hereby waived; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any contact person, organization and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contact person/organization and/or Sponsor shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of California or of any other jurisdiction.
This work is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International License.
Close this window