Become a social impact investor for as little as $50.
Are you …
If you answered YES! to any or all of these questions, we want to hear how TechSoup products or educational resources are helping your organization keep our planet a little bit healthier.
ENTER NOW TO WIN!
Fill out a submission form; IT ONLY TAKES FIVE MINUTES!
Besides the warm, fuzzy feeling you'll get from the act of sharing, organizations that submit the most compelling and innovative story will win their choice of one of these three amazing prizes from our RCI program.
Both laptops come preloaded with Microsoft Office 2010, a Windows operating system, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
All three winning stories will also be published on the TechSoup.org blog, and will be promoted in our By The Cup and New Product Alert newsletters, as well as our Twitter and Facebook channels. We will share your organization's work to a potential audience of more than 300,000 people!
Not sure which products from TechSoup qualify as "green tech"? Check out our Green Technology Page. Anything that helps your organization use less paper, consume less energy, reduce travel, collaborate online, or extend the life of older computers is a green technology.
Using a TechSoup product not mentioned above for green tech? Or is your nonprofit doing good work to save the environment? Submit your story anyway! If you can convince us you are using our products or resources in a way that helps the environment or keeps your organization "green," you can win.
Interested? Check out our terms and conditions below, and share your story today.
Special thanks to our amazing and generous donors: Interconnection, PC Rebuilders and Recyclers, and CDI Computers, who help TechSoup support nonprofits everywhere in meeting their technology needs. Without donors like these, TechSoup would not be able to help nonprofits achieve their mission and do so while doing the right thing for the environment.
April 1, 2015
The April 2015 TechSoup Green Tech Story Challenge (the "Challenge")
Sponsored by TechSoup Global ("Sponsor"), 435 Brannan St., Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107, U.S.A.
1. Challenge Schedule. Challenge submission opens April 1, 2015 at 8:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and ends April 17, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. All submissions must be received by the Challenge end date and time.
2. Submission Procedure. Visit the Success Stories landing page at http://www.techsoup.org/community/success-stories to enter your submission.
(a) Submission Form. Complete the challenge submission form with all required information. NOTE: Your group or organization's contact person must be an authorized representative of your group who has all right, power and authority to bind the group to these Official Rules for purposes of this Challenge.
(b) Story Submission. Enter your organization's information into the required fields on the Success Stories landing page.
(c) Consent to Official Rules. By completing a challenge submission form and submitting your organization's information, you are indicating that you (on behalf of yourself and/or the group) have read, fully understand and agree to the Official Rules.
3. Eligibility. The Challenge is open to all nonprofits in the United States of America who have used TechSoup's donated products or educational resources in the past.
(a) Non-Discrimination. Groups or individuals that advocate, support or practice (or, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, are believed to advocate/support/practice) discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status are NOT eligible.
(b) Void States. This Challenge is void in the U.S. states of Maryland, North Dakota and Vermont; the Canadian province of Québec; and in any and all jurisdictions where skill contest advertising promotions are prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Submission Restrictions.
(a) In General. Limit one submission per organization. Submissions deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion as inappropriate, objectionable or unfit for publication or that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion are not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. A submission form must be submitted for each story submission. Any uploaded submission that is NOT completed before the Challenge deadline will not be accepted.
(b) Third Party Rights. Do not reference or identify any person, entity or property in your submission unless you and/or your group have received that person's/entity's permission in writing. Sponsor may require proof of written permission as a prerequisite to award of prize, and the inability to produce the proof of written permission within one month of the Sponsor's request may result in disqualification.
(c) Grant of Rights to Sponsor. In entering a submission, the individual or group grants the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license and right to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, distribute, and/or otherwise exploit the story any manner and in any media now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor may, but is under no obligation to, post the winning stories on the Challenge web site (or to otherwise use the stories and/or creative works). The individual or group must also agree to sign and return, upon request of Sponsor, any assignments, releases or other documents that Sponsor may require so as to perfect, effect or record such grant of rights in submission. As set forth above, the contact person (on behalf of him/herself and/or the submitting group) understands that the individual or group will not receive any compensation (other than prize, if submission is determined to be a prize winner) and releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor from any liability in conjunction therewith.
5. Winner Determination. To determine the winning entrant, a judging panel comprised of marketing and communication professionals selected by TechSoup Global's Communication Team will review each eligible submission. All eligible submissions will be judged on the combined demonstrated impact:
(a) Use of technology or educational resources
Judging will occur over one week following the close of the submission period on April 17, 2015 and contact persons of groups that are potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone thereafter or by April 24, 2015 at the latest.
6. Prize(s). The first place winner will be awarded its choice of any one of three prizes, including: a refurbished Dell Core Windows 7 Laptop, a refurbished HP EliteBook 8440p Core i5 Windows 7 Laptop, or a refurbished iPad 2. The second place winner will be awarded its choice of the remaining prizes, supplied by CDI, Interconnection and PCRR, and the third place winner will receive the final remaining prize after the other two winners have selected. The winning stories will also be featured on the TechSoup_Impact blog at TechSoup.org as Featured Stories in May 2015.
The individual or group's contact person individually will have no right to the prize. No prize transfer will be permitted. There will be no prize substitution except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize of comparable value. Any taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of winning group.
7. Conditions of Participation.
(a) Agreement to Rules/Releases. The contact person (on behalf of him/herself and/or his/her group) agrees to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects; (ii) release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, judges, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives and employees of any of the above entities, from any and all liability associated with participation in the Challenge and receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize; (iii) if individual or group wins a prize, by accepting prize on behalf of group, to grant Sponsor and their designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the name of the winning individual or group and other identifying information concerning the group or individual for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and without review, approval or further notice. As part of the prize notification, the winning individual or group will be asked to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where legal). Refusal to sign these documents or failure to sign them within 15 days of notification may result in the forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner at the discretion of the Sponsor.
(b) Limitations of Liability. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or illegible essays, works or entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention; (ii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site; (iii) injury or damage to participating individual or group's or any other person's computer (or information/data stored thereon) related to or resulting from participating in this Challenge or downloading/uploading materials from/to any web site. If, for any reason, the Challenge (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge and select the winning individuals or groups in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on event home page: http://www.techsoup.org/community/success-stories.
(c) Grounds for/Effect of Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual or group it finds, in its sole discretion, not to be in full compliance with these Official Rules, to be ineligible to participate in the Challenge, to be tampering with the submission process, the operation of the Challenge or any web site. Disqualification will result in the submission entered by the disqualified party being rejected without further review or notice, and Sponsor reserves the right to take any other actions against such disqualified party and/or other persons/entities as Sponsor deems necessary and appropriate in their sole discretion so as to protect their rights.
8. Dispute Resolution/Governing Law/Waiver of Jury Trial. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Challenge, contact person (on behalf of him/herself and his/her group) agrees that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the courts of San Francisco County, State of California and contact person (on behalf of him/herself and his/her group) hereby consents and submits to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury and a trial by jury is hereby waived, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any contact person, group and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Challenge but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any contact person/group be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contact person/group and/or Sponsor shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of California or of any other jurisdiction.
Image 1: WikiImages / CC0 Public Domain
Image 2: Sergey Nivens / Shutterstock
by Wesley White, New Sector Resident in Social Entrepreneurship, TechSoup
This work is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International License.
Close this window