TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

What We Can Accomplish Together Using WebEx

What We Can Accomplish Together Using WebEx

• Comments 2
Every month, TechSoup staff get together in San Francisco, Warsaw, and London to discuss projects and progress in one collaborative all-staff meeting. To facilitate these meetings, we use WebEx video conferencing solutions. Here's what we were able to accomplish using WebEx at our June meeting. 

According to Cisco, WebEx web conferencing combines dynamic online meetings with integrated collaboration tools. Everyone in your organization can present, share, and collaborate — anywhere, any time with features that include:

• Industry-leading web conferencing with video, voice, and data sharing
  • Top-rated WebEx Mobile apps for devices such as iPhone and iPad
  • Leverage existing investments — integrates seamlessly with Cisco Jabber and Cisco TelePresence
  • Delivered over the Cisco WebEx Cloud with enterprise — grade performance, reliability, and security
  • Private cloud (on-premises) deployment also available — manage conferencing in your data center, behind your firewall

Do you have a distributed staff? Or work on a remote team?  While WebEx currently isn't available in the TechSoup catalog, we offer Citrix GoToMeeting as well as ReadyTalk. Take a look at our Communicate and Collaborate page for more information on donated products and resources. At TechSoup, we also use ReadyTalk to facilitate our collaboration in smaller meetings.  If you have any experience using WebEx, GoToMeeting, ReadyTalk. or other conferencing tools, we'd love to hear what you have to say about it in comments.

• WebEx is AMAZING. I didn't know until several weeks ago that it had a free version I could use one-on-one with others. I now use it with clients, including when I do webinars for a room full of people in some other part of the world, with me comfy in my home office. I love being able to easily switch between video and sharing my desk top.

Only thing - you need a very recent computer and operating system to use it. My six year old Mac really struggled with it.

• jcravens42 - Yep, old computers will get you every time. I dug WebEx, too, but I recently switched to RHUB. Btw, is that a Mackie 1402 mixer in the video?