TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Fiscal Year–End Reminder: Place Your Donation Requests Before June 30

Fiscal Year–End Reminder: Place Your Donation Requests Before June 30

• Comments 1
Make sure your organization gets all of the hardware or software it needs from TechSoup before our fiscal year ends on June 30, 2013.

Why the rush? Most of TechSoup’s donation programs limit the number of requests an organization can place per fiscal year — our fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Don’t worry, you can request products again on July 1, but you don’t want to miss out on getting your fiscal year 2013 allotment.

How Do I Know What’s Still Available?

Check the programs that run on TechSoup’s fiscal year below (note that Microsoft donations are not limited by our fiscal year — for more info see the Microsoft rules).

[Programs Affected by TechSoup's Fiscal Year End]

Then double-check your organization’s eligibility for those programs by logging in to your TechSoup account and taking our Check Eligibility Quiz. Select Donation Request History in My Account to verify if you’ve reached the limit in these programs. Keep in mind that every program has different rules and allotments, so check carefully!

As an example, the Atlas Business Solutions donation program allows qualified organizations one donation of Staff Manager per fiscal year. So, first check your eligibility for the program; then check your donation history. If you’ve already received one donation of Staff Manager, you’re done through June 30, 2013. But starting July 1, 2013, you can start requesting again and get another copy any time during the next fiscal year (July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014).

Get Ready For Fiscal Year End: Make Sure Your Information Is Current

Is your organization's information up to date?
Log in to your TechSoup account and make sure your organization's information is up to date. Be sure to update your organization's email address if it has changed since you first registered with TechSoup.

I updated my information, and now my status is “re-qualification pending.” What does that mean?
Changes to organization information are validated by our Customer Service team before new donation requests can be completed. This requalification process is usually completed in 3 – 5 business days.

Additional TechSoup Resources

Here are some other resources to guide you through the process of qualifying your organization and maintaining your account:

Patrick Duggan | TechSoup Digital Marketing Manager

• Do you have to receive payment before June 30 for a request to be on this fiscal year?

If we request an item before June 30, but pay by check and you receive that check after June 30, is that still ok?