Fundraising: The Tech Tools You Need

Fundraising: The Tech Tools You Need

• Comments 7
  • I love Shopify so much. So worth using and so easy to make a stunning looking online store or donation page. Definitely a +1 from me on that one.

Ginny, can I suggest an addition to the list? I don't know if this is against the rules here as I am connected to the product - feel free to edit or delete if I'm stepping over the line.

EnvoyRelate ( http://envoyrelate.com ) is a donor management tool that makes donor care for small nonprofits easy as pie. We've found it to be an awesome tool for small nonprofits (I suppose like many using TechSoup) because it's not a big database system that costs heaps or requires much skill. It fits really nicely with something like a Shopify/Mailchimp combination or just plain old reporting on what financial data is coming through your website.

• We are looking at Razoo & Rally.org as our two choices. Anyone have any experience with either?

• Matt (MVFYMCA) - that would be a *great* question to ask on the software branch of the TechSoup community: forums.techsoup.org/.../20.aspx

• Are you saying, "If I join the program, I can get donations from different companies, etc. . . .

• Just last week I was dismayed to find that ChipIn is no longer operating, since it was apparently bought out by a different company in February and shut down. I used ChipIn for both charity-related projects but also for gift giving from groups of friends (group baby shower gifts, helping support a friend on a trip to Haiti to bring supplies and medical expertise, etc).

I wish there was a new ChipIn, and I've done a little looking around and see that some companies have tried to position themselves as the latest and greatest version, but I was still sad to see that a great, easy tool is no longer available. If you click through on your link above, you'll see the note from the company about no longer letting folks "chip in" and no mention of any type of replacement planned. :(

• We are looking closely at DonorSnap. it seems to be a full feature product for a small price.

• Our company has just launched a new on-line silent auction software service called SilentFundRaising.com

We offer one low-cost fixed price based on auction duration, so you can keep more of the funds you raise.

NO annual hosting fee. NO expensive setup fee. NO variable percentage pricing. Reach more bidders, Raise more money.

SilentFundRaising.com enables nonprofit organizations to create on-line silent auctions one, two or even

three months before the day of their event. Event attendees are able to view auction catalog items and

choose their favorites before the event. They can even place their bids on-line.