TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Upcoming Webinar on May 9: Downloading Transactions into QuickBooks for Nonprofits and Charities

Upcoming Webinar on May 9: Downloading Transactions into QuickBooks for Nonprofits and Charities

• Comments 1
Back in February, we hosted the webinar QuickBooks 2013 Made Easy for Nonprofits and Charities. In that webinar, I spoke with QuickBooks Made Easy's Gregg Bossen on the updates to QuickBooks that were relevant to nonprofits, charities, and libraries.

Coming up in May, we are hosting another webinar with Gregg Bossen, titled Downloading Transactions into QuickBooks for Nonprofits and Charities. The webinar is happening on Thursday, May 9 at 11 a.m. Pacific time.  

Register today as space is limited!

Would you like to make working in QuickBooks much easier? Downloading transactions directly into QuickBooks is the answer. This service, which is free of charge, allows you to download all transactions (deposits, ACH drafts, payroll drafts, debit card purchases, bank fees, and so on) from your bank account into QuickBooks, saving you hours of data entry time and ensuring your balances are always up-to-date. The feature works for credit cards as well!    

After reviewing best practices for nonprofits using QuickBooks, Gregg S. Bossen CPA, author of QuickBooks Made Easy, will be demonstrating how downloading transactions can aid your nonprofit or charity. Gregg will walk you through the process step-by-step, from setting up your bank or credit card account in QuickBooks, to linking the account with your bank's account through your bank's website, to downloading transactions and quickly adding them to your QuickBooks file.  

Topics Include:

• How to set up your bank account or credit card account for online banking 
  • Understanding the online banking center
  • How to download transactions directly or manually through a web connect import  file
  • How to best review  transactions prior to adding to QuickBooks
  • How to delete unwanted transactions from the import file
  • How to match downloaded  transactions already entered in QuickBooks
  • How to add downloaded transactions not yet entered in QuickBooks
  • Assigning downloaded transactions to Programs and Restricted Grants
  • Understanding the advantages and limitations of the way QuickBooks sometimes renames vendors
  • How to correct downloaded transactions that are being associated with the wrong vendors 
  • Using the online bill pay feature to send transactions for processing to your bank

Please contact webinars@techsoupglobal.org with accessibility requests within 4 business days of the webinar.

Kyla Hunt
Webinar Producer
TechSoup Global

• We've just ordered Quick Books for Nonprofits from you and we have not received it as yet. However, I've missed this webinar. Any chance it will be offered again soon? I'm new to Quick Books so is there any other way I can download this information? My email is srusso219@verizon.net.