TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Digital Storytelling Challenge Community Choice Voting Now Open!

Digital Storytelling Challenge Community Choice Voting Now Open!

• Comments 3

TechSoup Digital Storytelling ChallengeDigital storytellers!

We have so many wonderful stories rolling in! But what good is a digital story if it's not shared? You spent time and talent on creating your video or picture slide show, now we invite you to show it off!

In addition to our expert judges selecting top stories, we are awarding a community choice prize as voted on by YOU! 

The video with the most votes wins a $400 Best Buy gift certificate while the most popular slide show takes home a slick new Lytro camera.

Cast your vote now!

How It Works

• Voting begins at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time on Saturday, May 4 and will be open through 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, May 17.
  • Each person is allowed one vote per day.
  • We'll announce the winners at the awards gala on Tuesday, May 28 at PARISOMA in San Francisco and streamed online. More details will be posted ahead of the event.

While we limit votes to just one per day per person, we highly encourage you to mobilize your community for support. You've invested time and energy into your digital story — now campaign for it. Your story is an indispensable part of your marketing strategy, so get out and market it! Encourage your supporters to vote using all available channels. Put it in your newsletter, post it to Facebook, write up a snappy tweet.

Not only will you get the votes you need to win, you'll make sure your community sees your handsome new story — a happy ending for everyone.

Read the full rules here and then get out the vote!

Kristy Graves
TechSoup.org
Online Community Team

• Are we to invite our friends and fans to vote on the challenge or just invite them to enter or create?  I followed the link and noticed it was inviting my friends to create and enter.  I'd like to get my followers to vote for our project.  Did I view the invitation wrong?

• Still get "page cannot load" msg so unable to share vote link. We'd appreciate the help, thanks!

• Hello FriendsandStars and designtologia,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible so you may cast your votes. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please check back soon so you may vote for your favorite digital story!