TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

The Next-Generation Office Is Here!

The Next-Generation Office Is Here!

• Comments 23
  • Thank you for your help

• Will it work on a new MAC?

• Hi brightideas98, at the moment the Office 2013 products are WIndows only. We do have the latest Mac version of Office -- Office for Mac 2011 -- available for donation if you're interested: www.techsoup.org/.../office-for-mac-2011-standard-edition-(includes-software-assurance)--LS-3013--

• Is there a version for Mac?

• Hi penwrite, at the moment the Office 2013 products are Windows only. We do have the latest Mac version of Office -- Office for Mac 2011 -- available for donation if you're interested: www.techsoup.org/.../office-for-mac-2011-standard-edition-(includes-software-assurance)--LS-3013--

• I liked Windows 8 a lot and so jumped from Office 2007 to 2013. But a someone in front of big bright monitors and with older eyes I'm finding "snow blindness" setting in -- and lots of negative comments about the bare, bright interface (and very limited options to change that) from the months of beta testing. If your eyes are already stressing from your PC work, check the comments online and consider staying with Office 2010. The SkyDrive integration is neat, but it may not be worth it.

• Thanks for the feedback, jhbeck23. I wonder if it's the same if users switch away from the tile "skin" on the main desktop and look at the more traditional desktop behind it? I've only watched demos of it so far, but the "behind the skin" options don't seem to be any brighter than Office 2010, which is what I'm currently using.

I'd be interested in hearing more about accessibility features (or drawbacks) of the new Office, so feel free to share any links to resources you've read here in the comments! Thanks either way for your input.

• Hello Friends at Techsoup!!

Question- I want to put the new Windows 8 Professional Plus 2013 on two computers here at our office---how many licenses do I need to purchase? What are the differences between the two licenses - MAK & LKM??

• Hello Friends at Techsoup!!

Question- I want to put the new Office Professional Plus 2013 on two computers here at our office---how many licenses do I need to purchase? I would need to purchase two (2)Office Pro Plus for two separate computers?? What are the differences between the two licenses - MAK & LKM??

Thank you for your kind reply.

Best,

• Two Questions. 1. Optimized for Windows 8, does it operate fine with Windows 7? 2. Is the Feb. 1 webinar available to view?  Thanks

• Just a word of warning to those wanting to use the 2013 version - it does not run on Windows XP  (only on Win7 & 8)and if you're using Exchange Server 2003, you cannot use Outlook. This was a deal breaker for my foundation. I just ordered several extra licenses for 2010 so I can cover future growth. Be sure you check the system requirements!

• Hi rmbring, good questions! The 2013 version of Office is compatible with all versions of Windows 7, but I should note it will not run on any versions of Windows XP or Windows Vista. As far as the webinar goes, we're hoping to have it on the site today or tomorrow, so check back soon!

• Thanks techmgr, good advice!

• Also, rmbring, you can check out the webinar recording here: cc.readytalk.com/.../ikamcl49oiyr. Hopefully we'll have it on our site soon!

• Do I need to purchase a seperate Admin fee per computer?