TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

Welcome to the New TechSoup.org!

Welcome to the New TechSoup.org!

• Comments 20

Notice anything different? We've updated TechSoup.org with a new look and feel, directly integrating our product donations with our webinars, articles, forums, and blog posts.

At TechSoup, we're working to give your nonprofit, library, or foundation the best tools and resources to save on your IT costs, and make smart technology decisions. Our new website is part of that goal.

A Better Way to Browse

It's now easier for you and your organization to find and take advantage of all of the resources and tech solutions that TechSoup has to offer. You can more easily scan all of our resources by solution (like cloud computing and mobile), your organization type, TechSoup donor partner, and featured topics like broadband and disaster planning.

Previously, if you needed to learn about servers for example, you would have to browse donated server products, and server-related learning resources, separately. Not anymore! TechSoup's new site collects donated and dis counted products, articles, blog posts, forum discussions, and free webinars all on one page. Want to learn more? Join us on January 11 (11 a.m. Pacific time) for a quick walkthrough of the new site. Sign up today!

Take a Look Around 

There's a lot to see! In addition to integrating our resources into all of TechSoup's donation programs, there's also:

• A new home page design.
  • Better browsing!
  • A whole new section  — Support — where you can find information on installation and licensing, articles, how-tos, support webinars, FAQs, and links to donor partner product resources.

Look How Far We've Come

TechSoup’s original website (carved by the Clovis peoples, using stone tools) seems like so long ago:

But when we think of everything we've done it that time! In the last decade, TechSoup has saved nonprofits and charitable organizations over $3.1 billion dollars around the world, helping those organizations accomplish more with their limited budgets. We've also expanded our donation programs to 40 countries, and we’re adding more every year.

Our mission is is working toward a time when every nonprofit and NGO on the planet has the technology resources and knowledge they need to operate at their full potential — and we're not stopping any time soon.

See Anything Amiss?

We're not perfect. There are still a few things we need to address now that we've launched our new site, such as accessibility in our webinar archive. If you notice something isn't working, please let us know at: http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/community/f/30.aspx

Patrick Duggan | TechSoup Digital Marketing Manager

• The password field on your login isn't masked.

• Hi mmoscheck,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you email us with more detail about what you're seeing at bwiegand@techsoup.org? We haven't received other complaints about unmasked login/passwords from users and we can't see it on our end. Would you let us know what browser you're using and where you saw the problem so we can address it? Thanks so much for your help in improving the new TechSoup.org website!

Becky Wiegand

• On www.techsoup.org/.../exchange-server-2010-enterprise-edition-(includes-software-assurance)--LVS-40953--MSExchange

At the bottom of the page, under Licensing, the link included in this sentence is not working:

For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.

• I am trying to order a product.  It asks for my login and password, but then it just takes me back to the main screen and I am not logged in.

• When I click on the shopping cart icon, I get an error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

• @ jmichaud,

Some members are experiencing this issue and we've found the following tips can help: First, clear your browser's cache, login and try again. If that does not work, try another browser (clear the cache first) login and try to access your cart. If you are then still unable to get into your cart, please contact Customer Service for assistance www.techsoup.org/.../contact-us

Autumn

• I'm trying to register a new organization and am getting website error message similar to that above (sorry, didn't copy the text and I don't want to go through the whole thing a THIRD time when it's not working). Can you help? Or advise when fixed? karen@barringtoninstitute.org

• Sorry you are having so much trouble for your new system. I was on the phone 20 minutes waiting for someone to receive my call. I sent an email 2 hours ago.

I have 2 computers and 1 filemaker pro in our cart. I put in our credit card info to complete order and got an error message so I tried again --- again an error message so I called the credit card company – they said that the transaction had gone through both times. I have checked “my account” and it shows nothing having been ordered in February.

I need someone to call me so that we can get this corrected. I have a phone number that the credit card company gave me for you to call to get an authorization number.

PLEASE call me ASAP. Thank you very much.

Kerry Ledig for Kim Gaffi at Garden Raised Bounty    360-753-5522

• Hi grubfarm, we looked into it and just left you a voice mail. These charges were only authorizations, and will drop off your statement.

• Unfortunately there was not a voice mail from you. I tried again this morning to pay for our order and got a payment fail message again. Our order continues to sit in our cart. I don't know what else to do. I really want to get this order taken care of. What can I do????

• Your SEARCH feature on the home page of your website doesn't work.  No matter what I type in there, the same search results come up.  :)

• Hi VarietyTexas, what are you searching for exactly? The search is working for me (I just searched for Windows, Adobe, and Apps) and got different results each time.

• I keep getting a server error when I try to add items to my cart and go to "my account". Additionally, it keeps logging me out and asking me to login again even though it's showing up as logged in. What the hell is going on over there? I have to have all of my software purchases done today and I've been emailing and calling for two days. No reponses...................

• Oh, and I've been sitting on hold for 38 minutes for the second time in two days. Are there any staff in the call center this morning?

• Hi Fahass_Outreach, we apologize for the issue you are encountering. We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible. Please try accessing your account in 2 hours to see if the problem has been resolved by our IT team.