TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

TechSoup 101: Updating Your Account Information

• Comments 5

This blog post is part of a series focused on managing accounts at TechSoup.org.

Updated on 4/4/2014

As mentioned in the first post in this series: Registration, TechSoup.org has different features and benefits with both the individual user and organization accounts. In this post I'll be discussing the options and requirements for updating the organization's contact information.

Organization profiles can be updated by logging in to the www.techsoup.org website with your email address and password and clicking on the Manage Account link.

Updating Account Step 1

This will take you to the My Member Profile page, which will provide a list of organizations you are associated with. Locate and click on the organization profile you'd like to update, and then click on the Edit Organization Profile link.

Updating Account Step 2

From here you can change your organization's name, shipping address, email address, phone and fax numbers and your Association Code. Changing your organization's shipping address will trigger a "Requalification" status, which lets you know that those changes either differ from what was originally validated during after the registration process was completed and the organization qualified.

Edit Your Organization's Information

If the shipping address is changed and differs from the information provided on the 501(c)(3) determination letter, we will need a clarification letter on your organization's letterhead which lists the TechSoup account information, the information on the determination letter, a brief explanation of why these are different, your name, job title and contact information.  If the current name and address are located on your organization's website, we can also verify the information over the phone and likely requalify your account.

Documents can be faxed to (415) 633-9444, emailed to qualification<at>techsoup<dot>org or mailed to TechSoup Client Services at 435 Brannan Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107.

If you are making a minor edit (correcting a typo, for example) we do not need any of the documentation described above. Please contact TechSoup Client Services and we can assist with requalifying your account.

Check out all the posts in this series: 

TechSoup 101: Registration
TechSoup 101: Getting Qualified
TechSoup 101: Benefits of Your Member Profile
TechSoup 101: Becoming an Authorized Agent
TechSoup 101: Managing Your Donation Requests

If you'd like to keep on top of more of TechSoup's happenings, sign up for one of our regular newsletters.

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services

• I am unable to get Adobe Acrobat for use with PDF files. I need to be able to create PDF Files and send then to the various agencies that we deal with. I would also like to be able to create PDF's that I can use for standard forms.

thanks

• @coastvalleysatc

There are a few things you can try such as using an open source or free product such as CuteFTP, you could also use free PDF plugins from Microsoft.com if you are using Microsoft Office. You may also want to check out some of the Creative or Web suite options in the Adobe Special Donation (which your organization is eligible for) as many of them include Acrobat and, as a bonus, you'll get some web and photo design software as well. home.techsoup.org/.../category.aspx

Autumn

• I am the new Library manager at Del Norte County Library but I can't put myself on the account because I do not have

the code. Could you please help me with this. Right now it is under Linda Kaufmann who left some time ago.

My email is Teena@delnortecountylibrary.org thank you.

• I registered as a member as I was unable to log into my organization info that I am associated with. After registering I pulled up my organization info and I am listed as an associate but I do not have the information required to link to it. Can you be of help.

• HELLO  WOULD  LIKE TO A PART OF YOUR TECHSOUP ORG.

THANKS  MY ORGANIZATION IS A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION    FACTS, INC.  THANKS   HAROLD  HUNTER   CELL:   202   997   8909