TechSoup.org The place for nonprofits, charities, and libraries

TechSoup 101: Managing Your Donation Requests

• Comments 6

This blog post is part of a series focused on managing accounts at TechSoup.org.

Updated on 4/4/2014

Some of the most commonly asked questions from nonprofit and library users of TechSoup about the donations they've received are:

• Is there a place where I can view my organization's history of donations?
  • How can I tell if we are currently able to place a request for a donation program that we're eligible for?
  • Can we get an invoice for a particular request?
  • Can I change or cancel the request I just placed?

The answer to all of these questions is yes! But first you'll need to know where to look and what to do with the information you are looking at. Before we discuss the what, we should discuss the where!

First, log in to TechSoup with your email address and password and click on the Manage Account link at the top right of the home page.

Updating Account Step 1

This will take you to the My Member Profile page. At the top, there are a series of links including Donation Request History/Status. Click on that, and you're ready to start!

Donation Fulfillment Messages

At the top of the page, you'll see TechSoup’s Donation Fulfillment Message Center. Here you’ll find your donation fulfillment emails containing licenses, instructions and download links for your product donation requests. 

Browse Your Donation Request History

You will automatically see all requests for donated or discounted products placed within the last month and have the option to search by date range for earlier requests. When you have brought up a lists of donation requests, this is what you will see:

• Request Number: Also known as the Confirmation Number. Clicking on this will bring up the detail ' but more about that later.
  • Request Date: The date that the request was placed.
  • Organization: For those individuals associated with multiple organizations!
  • Status of Request: This gives you the status of the request which will have one of the following: Pending Qualification, Pending Payment, In Process, and Fully Shipped (more about Fully Shipped later!)
  • "Cancel" Link: For requests that have not yet gone through the fulfillment process, a Cancel option is available. At this time, requests cannot be edited once the checkout process is complete, but they can be canceled which will reset the eligibility and allow for a new request to be placed. Since we process and fulfill requests Monday through Friday, it is best to cancel as quickly as possible since once a request does go through fulfillment, it is often not possible to return or exchange.

"Fully Shipped"

The donated and discounted products available through TechSoup are "shipped" in a number of ways. It is best to review the product pages or the order detail to know whether to expect a physical product or an email with further instructions for download or web-based access.

In the cases when the products are provided directly by one of our partners, the "Fully Shipped" status will signify that we have sent the request to that partner to be fulfilled.

Invoices and Product Detail

TechSoup doesn't provide invoices. After the checkout process is complete, a confirmation email is sent to the agent that placed the request. Afterwards, if information is needed again, locating the request under Donation Request History/Status and clicking on the Request Number will bring up the detail of the request which can then be printed out.

These detail pages will also often have website links, instructions for accessing your products, and license keys so they are important to keep on hand, whether by bookmarking the path to viewing them online or printing them for a site binder.

Eligibility

Since the donation programs available through TechSoup each have different guidelines and restrictions, it can be a challenge to remember where one ends and the next begins! When trying to determine what you are currently eligible to receive, you can go into the history of requests and compare against the Donation Program Restrictions.

Keeping Track of Microsoft Donations

Microsoft software donations are allotted in set amounts over two-year cycles. To see what you’ve requested in the current cycle, and how your allotments break down, check out your Microsoft Donation Center.

Check out all the posts in this series: 

TechSoup 101: Registration
TechSoup 101: Getting Qualified
TechSoup 101: Updating Your Account Information
TechSoup 101: Benefits of Your Member Profile
TechSoup 101: Becoming an Authorized Agent

If you'd like to keep on top of more of TechSoup's happenings, sign up for one of our regular newsletters.

Autumn Teeter | Training and Optimization Manager for TechSoup Client Services

• Microsoft is not listed in your list of donation partners for shipping or fulfillment time. I have a request penting since August.

I sent an inquirey in an E-mail a few minutes ago.

• Hi AEFINC,

Microsoft fulfillment information is listed in our FAQ: www.techsoup.org/.../faq.asp. Regarding your specific donation requests, emails were sent to the email address on the organization account, which is an aol.com address. If this email address is no longer valid or not the best email for receiving product instructions and licensing information, please login to your account, click on the My Account link at the top of the page, and on your organization's name to update the information. I will forward the fulfillment emails to your member email address. Please be sure to check your spam or junk mail folders and let me know if you do not receive the two emails.

Autumn

TechSoup Client Services

• Hi, I am wondering where my order is.  Can you send me informtion for download?

• How long will it take to Approve  my registration for my organization?  I need to get my intuit software ASAP.

Clothing Our Kids   Millsboro, DE

Mary

• Once we are notified our Microsoft requests are available, are we limited as to the amount of time we have to download the software on our computers?

Janice

Women's Production Network, Inc.

• @womensvoices96 Technically, there is no time limit for Microsoft. With this donaiton, you'll have access to your own Microsoft Volume License Service Center account, which you can use to manage your products and licenses for years to come. We do have some programs with time limits, and those will be specified in your fulfillment emails.